Glad To The Bone
Stress is only skin deep, but glad runs all the way to the bone.
Maybe as a small child you can remember your dad stopping at the local gas station and saying, “Fill’er up and check the oil!” In our stressful world, we need to stop occasionally and get filled up with some anti-stressing fun and have our mind’s mental oil checked. On average, we take better care of our cars than we do ourselves. In “Glad To The Bone,” Dr. Dale Henry gives us some maintenance tips on the five R’s of good mental health:
- Relax: Do a little daily upkeep; it’s a lot less expensive than a complete overhaul.
- Recess: Stop-and-go is tough. Pull it over to the side of the road. Spend a little time playing and having fun.
- Reserve: Check your fluid levels. Take the time to take care of yourself and spend more time with those you love.
- Recognize: A good map will help you get to where you want to go. Reflect on your past and plan for your future.
- Release: Don’t drive with your parking brake on. Build a friendship with someone you can trust to help you with daily stress maintenance.
Dr. Dale Henry has helped hundreds of thousands of people to stop and recapture the joy of laughter. Philosopher, writer, humorist, trainer, and speaker—Dr. Dale understands how to frame common sense philosophy into solid applicable skills. Now sit back and get your funny bone all limbered up as Dr. Dale helps us become Glad To The Bone.